As part of NJB Foothill's charter to reach the entire community, we have adopted a Financial Assistance Program (FAP) to make NJB more affordable for lower income families.
To qualify a family must show need. This is achieved by providing evidence of Financial Assistance from a reputable social agency or government. As NJB Foothill is not a social agency we rely and accept the judgment of School Districts, City Governments, Housing Agencies, and even other groups such as the YMCA. We do not interview or pass any judgment on our own, but accept the decision of others. Items we accept for showing need include:
- Letter from School/District giving child reduced price or free lunch (or other meal)
- Letter from City approving discounted services for family (i.e., class or sports program voucher)
- Letter from YMCA, AYSO or other reputable group approval of reduced fees for programs
- Letter of approval from any government agency for financial assistance with Food or Housing
We want to see a copy of one of the above valid sometime in the past 12 months. FAP recipients qualify for reduced fees as follows:
- NJB Foothill Registration: $25 (discounted from $415) for each child
- All-Net: additional $25 (discounted from $300) for each child
This program applies to Winter Season Basketball and does not extend to merchandise ordered or off-season clinics.
While your request of FAP benefits for your child is being processed, you must still complete registration as normal, and include the FAP payment to keep your registration priority.
To be considered for FAP please email our Chapter Director at email@example.com. Make sure to attach supportive documents as described above.
FAP does not affect the registration priority of your child. The information is strictly confidential. Not even your child's coach will be aware. Only select NJB Foothill board members will be involved in the FAP processing. The number of FAP positions is limited each year. So even if you are eligible you may not receive approval. We do encourage you to apply if you have the need.
If you would like to make a monetary donation to support FAP please contact the Chapter Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.